Thursday, April 15, 2010

Etsy finds I am currently loving

It's a good thing  haven't got much money, 'cause I'd spend it all on Etsy. Apart from the beautiful finds, there's something special about purchasing something handmade with care, and knowing you made that seller's day. Of course, not everything is beautiful, and that's what Regretsy is for (careful, hilarity and "whimsicle fuckery" ensues!).

So here are a few things I am reaaally loving right now on Etsy:


Heather Behrendt's lampwork beads are always spectacular and pretty affordable, too. These remind me of milk swirls in chocolate or coffee. I'd love to get my hands on these for Miss Cristal, aren't they delicious? You can find them here, or browse through  her shop right here.



SeaGemStudio makes lovely jewellery using sea glass, probably one of my famous materials in the world (remember my sea glass mosaic? It's still in the works!). It's hard to choose amongst her ocean wonders, but if I had to, I'd probably go for this necklace, I love how it hooks onto the front instead of using an average clasp at the back. This one's priced at USD 48,00.



I've always liked handpainted silk, and this one's slightly steampunky, so what's not to desire? I admit to having a certain narcissistic approach to my own shoulders, so I could really do with this flattering sleeveless cut. Priced at USD 45,00, I think it's not bad at all. Have a look at TanjaDesign's painted silks, she has a lovely shop.


What are your current Etsy favourites?

2 comments:

  1. i love that hand painted silk garment ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen her other stuff? She has some really cool dresses too :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis